Computer Technician

on Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I  Believe  a  Computer  Technician  is  a  good  career  for  me  because  I  have  been  around  computers  for  many  years  now  and  enjoy  them.  I  began  to  learn  the basics  of  computers  from  my  father  when  I  was  about  9  years  old.  Since  then I  have pretty  much  taught  myself  and  took  off in  the  computer field.  I  now  have  7  networked  computers  " linked together ",  help  run  an  internet  provider  and  build  web  pages.

      About  a  year  ago  my  Uncle  changed  jobs  and  now  he  is  a  Computer  Technician.  I  have  been working  with  him  and  really  enjoy it.

Five Tasks a Computer Technician May Perform

Generally  there  are  five  tasks  a  Computer  Technician  has  to  perform  such  as :  conducting  research,  analyzing  systems,  monitoring  software  and  hardware,  fixing  hardware  and  software  and  designing  computers.

Working Conditions
     
The  working  conditions  of  a  Computer  Technician  varies.  It  depends  on  where  and  who  you  are  working  for.  Usually  the average  working  environment  is  indoors,  quiet,  temperature  controlled  and  usually  alone. 


Working Schedule 

The  working  hours  vary  as well.  Computer Technician's  are  on  call  24 hours  7 days  a week  due  to  the  fact  that  most companies  computers  are  running  all  the  time  and cannot  wait  long  for their  computer  to be  fixed.

Salary

The  average  salary  for  a  Computer  Technician  is  approximately  $65,500  per  year.

      To  become  a  Computer  Technician  you  need  one  or  two  years  of  technical  training  and  you  must  have  good  math  skills  Which  most  technical  and  vocational  schools  offer.  There  are  no  licensing  or  exams  needed  to pass  to become  a  Computer  Technician. 
Certain  personal  qualities  are  needed to  become  a  Computer  Technician  such  as  good eyesight,  good  hearing  and  the  ability to  work  without  supervision.  Certain  skills  are  needed  as  well  such  as  how  different  computers  function  and  work  with  others.

      Computer  Technician  employment  opportunities exist  now  as  listed  in  the  want  ad's  and are  going  to  continue  to  grow  in  the  future.

      To  become  a  Computer  Technician  you  might  want  to  pursue  business  courses,  advanced  math  and  computer  courses  during  high school.

      To  prepare  myself  to  become  a  Computer Technician  I  am  going  to  have  to  take advantage  of  math  classes  to  improve  my  math  skills  and  take  computer  classes  that are  being offered  in  high  school.

      In  my  opinion  a  Computer  Technician  is  the  best  choice  for  me  because  I  have  been  around  computers  for  so  long,  enjoy  them  and  like  solving  other  peoples  and  companies  computers.

Ranking: 5

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment

 
© SympathySoul In Da Blog All Rights Reserved